How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S4
To some people, hard reset means to force something off while others refer the term hard rest as a way of initiating a device to its factory default settings. Depending on whatever your definition of hard rest is, I will walk you through how to perform a Hard Rest for Samsung Galaxy S4.
How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S4 By Forcing It Off
You can force your Samsung Galaxy S4 off by simply pressing and holding-down the Power button for about 10 seconds until the device is turned off.
How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S4 To Factory Settings
This is the second type of hard reset, where you restore your device to it’s original factory and default settings. You can perform this by following any of the steps below.
Note: By initializing this process, you will loose all the data stored in your phone’s memory. All settings withing the apps will be lost. You will only retain the data on your SD card; like your music, photos and videos.
If you can play around the menus of your phone, simply use the steps below to restore your device to factory settings.
1. Tap Settings.
2. From the settings menu, make a selection pointing to Accounts.
3. Tap the select Back up and reset options
4. Quickly locate factory data reset and tap it
5. Relax while phone is rebooted.
Don’t Forget: 15 ways to improve and increase the battery life of your Android device
This method is performed only when you do not have access to your phone menus. Basically, it is performed when your phone doesn’t start up properly. In either case, if Step A doesn’t work for you with the anticipated effect, you can try Step B.
1. Ensure your Samsung Galaxy S4 is powered off, press and hold both Volume buttons, then quickly press and hold Power.
2. Keep holding all three buttons until you see the phone booted.
3. From the recovery screen, use the Volume Down button to command the selection to wipe data
4. Now, use the Home button to select the highlighted option.
If you followed the steps correctly, you should successfully Hard Reset your Samsung Galaxy S4. You can also learn how to connect your Galaxy S4 to your PC.